It was amazing and definitely a lifetime experience. I believe everyone was very pleased with much of the trip and I’ll summarize the group’s feedback.
- The hotel is very nice, the beds, the amenities, having a restaurant on site is awesome, great breakfast
- The porters/guides (Raymond, Philbert, Gaudez (sp?), Simon (chef), Nestor (server) were amazing! They were so sweet and helpful. They were accommodating and encouraging and laughed at our jokes and in general, made the trip! They took care of Dick Moeller (poppy), made a birthday cake for him, sang to him and celebrated his birthday- 73 years on the trek. Philbert was especially helpful and took care of Dick, carried his backpack for most of the trip, helped him up steep inclines, etc. We enjoyed the singing and entertainment by the porters, guides, etc.
- The food was very good! We were all impressed with the quality and quantity. We especially enjoyed the soups.
- We were also impressed with the safety precautions – taking our BP and blood oxygen levels. One climber, Roy, wasn’t able to do the summit climb, because of his blood oxygen levels, but we all understood why and it was for his safety.
- The daily briefings were helpful in answering our questions regarding the terrain, clothing required, hours of hiking, etc.
Lots of positives and great things about Climb Kili and the team! Thank you so much for everything.